Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sweet Reminder

I had a wonderful reminder this week from one of the 10 year old neighbor boys. The boys and I were out playing and shoveling in the snow when the neighbor boy came along. My boys talk to everyone and like to tell people "stuff" This time Kaiden and Keagan were telling the NB (I didn't ask his mom if I could post about him so I am respecting privacy and will refer to said neighbor boy as NB) that they have really cool shovels and that the shovels are awesome. NB tells me, "When ever I see your boys they tell that they have a new cool thing. They are always excited about something they have snow boots, shovels, or what ever. It is neat that you have kids that get excited over everything that they have." Such true words from a 10 year old. My boys do get excited over everything especially the seemingly small things. I was asking them the other night what their favorite thing of the day was and it was having "Pink chocolate milk." I love those two they remind me often to appreciate all that I have especially the small things!

2 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Oh, cute story! You'll have to tell me someday who NB is so that I can ask his mother to share her "secret to having a nice pre-teen boy" advise with me.

Dad and Mom Pitcher said...

Cool kids and cool mom for recognizing the specialness of the situation.

Dad Pitcher