Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A year in Utah

We have officially lived in Utah for a year now. Here is the past year in review. It is fun to see where have gone and what has happened the last year.
August 2006
We moved to Utah and live in the family cabin with my parents. The boys are still waking up and not sleeping through the night. Makayla becomes potty trained. Justin begins his new job at Alta. He also gets the Cross Country Head Coach position.
Sept. 2006
Nothing really. Still waiting for our home in Vegas to be sold. Still living in the cabin. Justin's heat goes out in his car. He has to pour warm water on the windshield to deice. He sits on his hands to keep them warm while driving.
October 2006
My parents home is finally finished. We get an offer on our house. We are living between the cabin and my parents new house. We begin serious house hunting. Justin gets a ticket in the Jeep going 92 up Parley's Canyon (yea right, it shakes over 60).
November 2006
We close on our house and move out of our Vegas house it was hard to say goodbye for real. We move into our new home in Eagle Mountain. It is a great neighborhood and awesome neighbors.
December 2006
Christmas time is always fun. Boys first Christmas. We do all the Christmas things possible. I love this season.
January 2007
Justin begins to coach indoor track. My first experience at Utah State not very stroller friendly or spectator friendly sport. Life is beginning to get more normal.
February 2007
I ski for the first time in 3 years. Having children and nursing really messes up snow sports. I got out of the snow and went to Vegas to watch my aunt and uncles kids. It was fun to see my friends and be in warmer weather.
March 2007
I turned 27 and makayla turned 3. We had a fun pink party for her. You know how I love to throw parties. I got my china hutch for my bday. It is fun to finally see my beautiful china that we have had since we were married but only able to use maybe 3 times.
April 2007
Boys turn 1. We had a great Construction party for the boys. I stopped nursing!!! (yep I nursed the twins for a year, it can be done). It should be warm but it is not. The boys begin to walk. We go to Boise before Staci has Landon. It was fun; I also saw my good friend Kim who moved away from me:(
May 2007
Track season is coming to an end. We are still busy. Baby Landon is born on May day.
June 2007
End of school! Justin and I go to Havasupi, what fun we had.
July 2007
We go to Boise for baby Landon's blessing it was fun. We go to St. George to enjoy a weekend at a condo given to Justin as a thanks for being a great teacher and coach. We went with our friends the Garns and had a great time. We were total lounge lizards at the pool. We drove through the big fire that shut down the 15 it was incredible I have never seen hot spots like that. Went to Montana for the family reunion. It was really fun to see everyone.
August 2007
Justin had his high altitude camp. I had a girls weekend in Cali with my mom and sis. School starts.

Wow so much happens in a year. Nothing all that exciting just busy!

5 comments:

Erin said...

It was fun to see you last weekend, I can't believe how big your kids have gotten...OR that it's been a year since you guys moved! Your kids are soooo adorable, and yes, that's impressive that you nursed them both for a year. Kudos to you!

Logan and Kelsey said...

What a great year! Although the cold sucks sometimes, I am SO SO SO happy you are closer!

The Pitcher Family said...

Erin I can't find your blog let me know what it is. I would love to read what is going on in your life.

Starnes fam said...

Isn't it amazing how fast a year can just fly by? It doesn't seem that long ago when we had Grandpa Ric's b-day up at the cabin and you guys were living there. Crazy!

Rachel Gillie said...

I think that I am going crazy, I thought you were in Vegas. I wish I remembered you were in Utah, because I was just up there for education week! I would have loved to see you!