Sunday, September 23, 2007

My First BYU Game

On Saturday Mary and Brent, Justin's parents, took us to the BYU game. What fun! Since I never attended BYU and never lived in Utah county before I have never attended a BYU Football game until Saturday. It was a fun game and we could see the game better then on TV. (Of course we don't have TV so you really can't compare us to that statement but to the average American that does have a TV). It rained and that is the only way one should watch a game. It just says fall- football and cool rainy weather. It was a good game. But the highlight wasn't the win or the rain but seeing President Monson shaking hands and getting into his car after the game. That was pretty cool! But I had a thought as I looked around the sold out stadium- how odd that thousands of people will gather to watch twenty year olds play a football game and treat them like some sort of gods. It was just a thought and I do think that American culture is funny that way. Sometimes our priorities are screwed up like we will pay teachers pennies but athletes, that lie, cheat, use performance enhancing drugs, and numerous other moral issues, we will pay millions for just a few plays in a game. But I diverge from my message. It was a fun Saturday. Thank you Brent and Mary for allowing us to join you! And a HUGE Thanks to Clay for handling the three crazies kids for a few hours on your own.


Go Cougs!!! I guess that makes me a fan since I have been to a game.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

My blog was about the BYU game as well..how funny is that?

Lindsay and Mike said...

You are now a TRUE Utahn!

Starnes fam said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time! I had tickets for every game when I was going to school there yet I hardly went to any games. Now, going to a game sounds like SO much fun! Funny how that happens.

Dad and Mom Pitcher said...

Growing up in Provo I have seen a bunch of games and loved them all.
I loved watching the game in the warm rain and feeling so "at home" sitting under th 'Y' mountain with all the beautiful fall colors wrapping around my soul.
It was fun for us to share the game with you.