Sunday, March 2, 2008

Watch out Peekaboo Street Here Comes Makayla

This week I took Makayla skiing for the first time. She did amazing!! By the end of the day she was skiing in here little pizza and turning down the hill. We went to Brighton on Thursday, we ditched preschool, what am I teaching her already?? It was a beautiful day for skiing. It was warm, sunny with great snow. We started the day on the flats and practicing straight runs and before 10:30 we were up on the hill skiing down. I would ask her if she was tired and needed a break but no she just wanted to keep skiing. "I want to go on the roller coaster again mommy." When we were on the lift the first time she asked if we would have to jump off not with concern in her voice but more like excitement. We had so much fun together skiing and she was just fun to be with. We took a short lunch break and skied all afternoon until 3:00pm. She got in the car and fell right to sleep. Now every morning she asks if she can go skiing, I think I have created a monster!!! But I would be more sad if she hated it. So when she is 16 and ditching school to go skiing I guess I can only blame myself. Maybe I will tag along :)

On the lift ready to jump off!

Ski Bunnies

9 comments:

Bowman Family said...

How fun. You two are going to be going all the time now. She is going to want to skip school all the time. I am glad that you can do the together with her.

Jon and Ashley said...

Such cute pictures. I can't believe she is old enough to do that. I still picture her as a little baby!

Rachel Gillie said...

You are such a fun mom, and I completely support ditching school for the snow, she'll learn to keep her priorities straight that way!!! I am so jealous of your trip to Myrtle Beach, what a great getaway!

Raechal said...

she is too cute skiing in her little pizza! how fun!

Lindsey and Ben said...

She is so cute! What a fun day! I think you definitely are teaching her where her priorities are at!

Dad and Mom Pitcher said...

WOW, a natural born skier! It sure helps to have a mom who is a ski instructor, too. I am glad both of you had a great time. We sure had fun when we were able to take the kids up with us when they were little. Happy family memories.

M.S. said...

I totally say it is okay for her to ditch school if she is spending time with you! (Even when she is 16.) Those memories is what she will remember most! We are planning on going to the formal. We haven't been in 5 years... when my water broke and I had Emmalee the next day!

M.S. said...

Wait, I was reminded that we did go to the formal in 2004... last time we saw you both!

Logan and Kelsey said...

Makayla is awesome! We miss you guys! I think we will come to UT in April between my semesters.