Monday, February 25, 2008

Myrtle Beach

We went on a little vacation to Myrtle Beach (which is in South Carolina most west coasters don't know where it is) last week. Justin was presenting at a teacher conference and so the school district was paying for everything for him. It is not too often teachers get paid trips so we took this opportunity for me to go with him. We had a lovely time together minus children and being in a warmer climate. The beaches there are beautiful and full of awesome sea creatures. We created an awesome collection of shells, coral, anemonies, a conch shell (Justin is teaching Lord of the Flies it couldn't have been better timing)broken sand dollars, and even a shark pod.



We had some great dinners all you can eat crab legs and breakfasts watching the ocean. We went to these amazing gardens that had this great art work through out it. We just had a great time being together and enjoying a warmer area and beach!

Oh plus, Justin did great on the presentation and want to thank Jordan School District for such a great trip!!!

9 comments:

Nelson Family said...

It looks like an awesome trip. What a great idea to spend some time together just the two of you! I'll have to pass that one on to Steve.

Ashley said...

That looks so fun, I am in my sixth year teaching and I have yet to attend a conference that my district paid for, that is great, he must be a great teacher and coach!!! That looks like you had a lot of fun. I am excited to check in on your blog and see what you are up to.

Lindsey and Ben said...

What fun trip! I heard that place is really pretty! I am glad that you guys had fun!

Bowman Family said...

So, you like my neck of the woods. Well kind of. Close enough. You should try next time to have the school send you to Atlanta so that we can hang out. I am glad that you had a great trip.

The Clems said...

sounds like fun! i always welcome a little time away from the kiddies!

Jon and Ashley said...

How lucky for you guys. It is so nice to be able to have a few days off. It sounded like a beautiful place. I must admit, I am jealous!

Starnes fam said...

I am so glad that you guys were able to get away with NO KIDDIES! What a beautiful place. And YES..we are WAY overdue for some cousin time! You guys are welcome to come up ANY time!
I am going to come down in the beginning of April for sure.

M.S. said...

Nice! I want the Box Elder School District to send Brad on a trip like that. Maybe we need to move to another district. Brad taught Lord of the Flies a few months ago. We are on a search of a conch shell too. (I love that book and deeper meaning in it!

BTW: Are you going to Sigma Chi Formal in Salt Lake on March 29th?

Lindsay and Mike said...

So jealous! So jealous! A "half free" trip without kids??? Does it get any better than that?!?