Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Birthday Marathons

Makayla's Birthday was more of a marathon then a day celebration. We started on Thursday with a family ski day. It was so fun for Makayla to ski for my parents, Clay, and Justin. She received her present from us this day too, a nice new ski helmet. It is a Dora Helmet and she loves it! The cutest thing I have ever seen is her skiing down the mountain and singing at the same time. I think she was making up a song because I didn't recognize it. She is an awesome little skier and just a natural athlete. On Friday we had the family party. It was fun to have her aunts and uncles and grandparents and some of our really good friends over for a little celebration. She loved having everyone over and getting presents from everyone. I think she loves her new purse from Clay and Brittany (it is pink with some serious bling) . She took it to church with her lip gloss and dolls in it. Then on Saturday morning we had the friend Princess Party. It was so fun we had a pink carpet for the girls to walk in on with a grand entry. We princessed the entire downstairs with toile, pink flowers, pink balloons, and disney princess stuff. We played Princess Bingo (I made it), pass the magic wand, the girls made tiaras, and ribbon dancing. The girls came in their princess dresses and they all looked so beautiful. We had a special guest come Belle. The girls thought it was fun to have her come but Makayla new that she was one of Dad's runners so it wasn't quite as fun for her. The girls had a great time and they were all so cute. My mom made an amazing princess cake. You can judge between the family cake that I made and my mom's cake who the skilled cake maker is. Justin asked my mom if she was as crazy as I am about parties and she said no but Lets be honest I think that she is the reason that I love to do cute themed parties at home. There is something personal and fun about it!! Plus you don't get to do this kind of stuff very long they grow up too fast and don't want you around eventually.


Okay pictures to come. My computer is being dumb!

4 comments:

Bowman Family said...

It is amazing on long birthdays can be stretched out, but I can't complain because I still do it for my own birthday

Raechal said...

it sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to see the pictures! I love pink princessy stuff. I can't wait for sydney to get all into that stuff!

M.S. said...

You really inspire me to do something more for my girls. I just love spending time with them. Since their birthdays are three weeks apart, I thought I should have a princess "tea" party with their friends.

Also, I love your quote section. We get the "fast" and "slow" Sunday question too. I love it!

Dad and Mom Pitcher said...

We were glad to be a part of the fun. Makayla is truely an original! We Love her and enjoyed her party.