Friday, August 24, 2007

The Beginning of a New Year

My life is ruled by the school year. Some are driven by the fiscal year or the calendar year but not the Pitcher house. I don't know what it would be like to not have the school year driving me forward at the end of each August. My life as long as I remember is driven by the beginning, holidays, and the end of the school year. I attended school for 16 years, taught school for two, and married a school teacher. There is no escaping it. Maybe I should do New School Year Resolutions and stay up until midnight to let the Ball Drop. I guess that seems a little unrealistic when you need your sleep to do well in school. Yep, that is right on Monday Justin is back in school. We have already had our first Cross Country meet and he has been at school all week without students. It is the beginning of the madness. Justin's gone long hours coaching and at meets, grading papers, going to school functions, taking road trips with athletes, and all that is required of an under paid and over worked teacher. I guess it could be worse, like track season- the meets take days instead of hours. He loves it and I guess that is all that matters. Plus, what does a person do at the end of August when you don't have to get ready for school? I don't think I will ever know!

2 comments:

Logan and Kelsey said...

I am the same way. When school starts, I feel like I am back into my element. I renew my goals and feel ready for the upcoming year! Happy New School Year!

McLove said...

Hey Ashley- I can't believe you are a mom of 3. Your kids are adorable and I am really jealous that you have twins. I love twins. I am sure it is crazy but so much fun. Good to hear from you. Take care, Shellie