Thursday, August 9, 2007

Girl's Weekend

It is not everyday that you get to run off to California minus the kids and hubby. Well last weekend I did! My mom took my sister and me to California for a fun retreat and relaxing weekend. We shopped, went to the beach, layed out, went to Wicked, enjoyed art at the Getty, driving lost in LA, and had In-n-Out. We had so much fun being goofy together. We stayed at Marriot Newport Beach it is a gorgeous hotel in a lovelly location. We flew in bright and early on Thursday morning and I thought it would be fun to go to the Museum of Tolerance. With our trusty Enterprise map to lead the way we headed north to LA. We drove around Wilshire and Rodeo but we were hopelessly lost the map was absolutely NO help. So after about a half hour we 411 and come to find out the part of the museum that we wanted to see was temporarily closed. So up to the Getty we went. We saw the craziest piece of functional junk art ever- the Uberorgeon. It played music, it was pretty neat. Friday we woke up and headed to the Rainbow factory in San Clemente. I got my Rainbows replaced for FREE because the stitching was going bad. We layed out and relaxed alot. Friday night was the highlight of the weekend, Wicked. I knew the story from the book and love the music so I was really excited. WOW it is so cute and fun. I just loved it!! We saw it in LA in the Pantages Theater. It is worth just going to that theater. It was built in 1922 and absolutely amazing artdeco on steriods! Saturday walked around Balboa Island and shopped at Irvine Spectrum. We flew out late on Saturday. We had a such a great weekend.

5 comments:

Starnes fam said...

Hey! Glad you guys had a good time! You all look FABULOUS!

Logan and Kelsey said...

"THIS MAP SUCKS!!!" And you forgot to mention the amusing ride on the bus we had at the airport finding the car. You feeling up the man next to you... Ok well accidently... What an amazing trip it was.

derrickfam said...

Is this your first trip away from the kiddos? Halleluia!! Good for you! I'm glad to see you have a blog now! Now I can spy on you any time I want. hee hee
ps: this is courtney :)

Lindsay and Mike said...

Hey Ash! I didn't know you had a blog...found it through my sitemeter. It looks good! I put a link to your site on mine! See you Sunday!

Brittany and Clayton said...

Hey Ash! I'm so glad you guys got a blog! It will be so great to be able to keep in touch, especially while we are away! It looks like you guys had a great time in Califonia, i'm jelous!! You all look so cute in this picture! I will finally be back in Utah this next week and i can't wait to see you guys, it's been far too long a summer...