Monday, March 7, 2011

California dreamin'

Before I had children I dreamed about taking my daughter to the American Girl Store. I thought of how exciting and fun it would be with byu little girl. After I had Makayla I looked forward to the year she would be old enough to enjoy a doll. We decided 7 was the perfect age. So this was the year. My mom and I have been planning this trip for closer to a year.

I wanted to surprise Mak so we did not tell her. We picked her up from school and checked her out. She was full of questions. I handed her a box that had a picture of an american girl doll. She instantly knew where we were headed. She was way excited! When we arrived friday morning after an over night pit stop in Vegas we arrived at Newport. Friday we played on the beach ate at Bajio and swam at the hotel. I enjoyed reading and the weather! Saturday was the big day! We woke up and had breakfast on the beach. Makayla collected sea shells and played in the surf. It was a Wonderful morning! After our morning at the beach we went back to the hotel to change for the American Girl Store. My mom gave makayla a dress that matched the dolls. So cute! We headed to LA and like any day on california freeways it was packed. But we arrived all in one piece!

The store is AWESOME! It was amazing and fun. When you oh and aah over the catalog for so long the store is incredible. We walked around and Makayla decided on her doll, Ruthie. Makayla also bought another outfit that she had been saving for. We then had a late lunch there also. We ate on the balcony and had a lovely lunch with a fun question game. Makayla was sung to and blew out a candle. It was so fun. We were there for more then 3 hours shopping and we could have stayed longer. After the drive back we played at the pool and with Ruthie. Makayla loves her and dress her and play with her and do her hair.

I would say it was a successful trip and birthday! I could not have dreamed up a better birthday celebration!
Love you Mak Happy Birthday!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

6 comments:

The Jones' said...

SO fun! I am so glad it worked out! I want to see the video!

Dad and Mom Pitcher said...

So tickled that Makayla had such a thoughtful Mom. When I talked to Makayla, she was so very happy and loved the dollie and the trip. Very special 7th birthday.

Anonymous said...

What a fun thing for you and Makayla! She will always remember this! She looks just like you! :)

Andrea said...

So fun! We were just talking about taking Skyler there, she has 6 or 7 dolls and loves them! Glad you guys had a good time!

rico said...

Thanks for letting me share the dream and the fun.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Oh my gosh!!! I love it...every single bit of it! Makes me want to do the same thing with Vivvie in seven years!