Monday, March 14, 2011

Birthdays!

CelebratedWe a had a small birthday celebration for Makayla on her birthday. She wanted a spaghetti dinner, so that is what we had. She had a few friends over for cake and ice cream. A good time was had by all! One of our family traditions is the birthday hat and lights. We have always celebrated with them. We had a birthday plate that had a sad end but one day I will replace it.
For my big 31 it was a pretty simple day. My family made me my favorite breakfast, french toast! The night before I said to justin since you did not get me anything you should au least buy me flowers. I had a beautiful bouquet of flowers for my birthday. But I was VERY wrong about not getting something from him. He is a turkey! He is never been one to surprise, he doesn't keep a secret well. I was a TOTAL surprise! My present was on my plate at breakfast and when I opened it I was shocked! He gave me a Kindle. Yeah I know best hubby ever! What was so surprising is that I usually know when something is up but not this time. His cover story was that his school was going to purchase a class set and start a pilot program using e readers for curriculum. I was on board and thought it was a great idea. I told him if I were to get a reader it would be the Kindle. So alas a Kindle now resides in the pitcher home. Oh how I already love it!
I taught in relief society. Most of you are thinking not a fun birthday gift but I love teaching and love the opportunity to study in depth on gospel subjects. I really do love my calling! It was a great day at church. I was wished many happy birthdays and the talks and lessons were awesome!
After Justin came home from his meetings we headed over to my parents. We had a delicious corn beef dinner and a fun birthday celebration. I love my family! I received many birthday calls.
It was a great day!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: