Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Traditions

I don't love Valentines day. It is NOT my favorite holiday. But I have traditions that I love. Since Justin and I moved to Utah we celebrate our day of love on the slopes. I love this tradition we only missed one year because we had a nursing 2 month old. I love it because it is fun and not mushy-not a huge fan of the v day fan fare. The second tradition that I love is the valentines under the plate for our family dinner. We all make valentines and slip them under each persons plate. I get each person a gift and put it under the plate along with a little love note. Then I fill our candy buckets full of yumminess. Because lets be honest valentine's is all about the candy.
I love these traditions! We grew up doing the plate thing since I was a little girl. I remember very vividly of getting so excited to peek under the plate.
Maybe I like Valentines Day more then I thought!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

The Jones' said...

The cards/gifts under the plate is my favorite tradition of Valentine's Day too! I am all about any excuse to write nice things about the people you love! So, with that, I love you sis! You're the best blood sister I could ever ask for. Thanks for being my bud. I am SO glad we love so close and can hang out often. Love you!