Friday, December 7, 2007

Snow and skiing

Most of you know that in my college days I was a professional ski instructor. Well now that I am back in Utah and I have a willing mother in law I am a ski instructor once again. I will be teaching skiing at The Canyons with my mom. I will be teaching just one day a week (a nice break). I was on snow on Tuesday for the first time. I was afraid I had forgotten everything but it all came back. Justin and I will be able to actually do some skiing this year. Between his rec club that he takes and the passes that I get we might get some really good days on the hill. It will be really fun to teach Makayla how to ski, she asks me constantly about her skis!

I wish it looked like this. Maybe after this snow storm this weekend!

10 comments:

Lindsey and Ben said...

That is awesome! What a nice break for you! Hopefully you guys get some good snow this weekend!

Bowman Family said...

How fun. That will be a wonderful break from everyday things. I wish I knew how to ski. It might have helped me to enjoy the snow more.

Logan and Kelsey said...

I really need to relearn how to ski. I love to snowboard, but I don't know if I will be able to do that when I am 50 years old. Hopefully this will be the season!

Melanie said...

I have lived here all my life and I have never tried to ski..maybe I am afraid I will kill myself! I know I am pretty sad!

Raechal said...

that is one reason I miss Utah. I haven't been on the snow for years. I was never that really great at skiing or snowboarding but it sure is fun! How lucky you are!

Lindsay and Mike said...

I haven't ever learned to ski either. Some of my friends took me when I was a teenager. They promised to teach me. Their idea of "teaching" was taking me halfway up the mountain and leaving me. I FELL DOWN THE ENTIRE MOUNTAIN!!! I did take a lesson a few years later, but have never been back since. I think I'm just more of a beach girl than a ski girl. Why am I living in Utah again?

The Pitcher Family said...

I am always willing to teach you lame people who live in Utah and don't ski! And I promise I won't take you to the top and leave you!

Raechal said...

hey ash,
can you send me your email address so that I can forward it to sara (anthony). her family just set up a blog and wants to keep in touch! my email's raelynette@yahoo.com

Lindsey and Ben said...

Hey Ashley!
I am updating my address book for my Christmas Cards and for some reason I do not have your new address. Can you email me that to lindsey_brewster@yahoo.com

Thanks so much!
Lindsey

The Clems said...

Good to hear from you! I feel like Im having a mini high school reunion! We are living in orem while my husband finishes up school. Eagle mountain is gorgeous. Do you guys like it up there? Anyway, I hope we keep in touch through this whole blog thing. Pretty cool huh? Take care and by the way, your kids are really cute. I cant believe you had twins!

Katie