Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sticky Situation

So I debated on sharing this but it is just too fun not to share.
On Tuesday morning I was getting ready and doing my hair. The kids are playing in my room and I think nothing of it, mind you I can't see them I can only hear them. Well, in our house there is a mom and dad drawer in our room NO KIDS ALLOWED (if you know what I mean). The boys found the drawer and the contents hidden in a box with in the drawer. They unwrap a contraceptive and throw 2 of them on the floor. Well Makayla walks in and puts them on her hands. I hear, "ooh they are sticky" I instantly know something is up so I walk into my bedroom. There is Makayla with two condoms on her hands like gloves and asks "What are these?" stupid and unoriginal mom responds. Now this is a stupid response because all kids love balloons. They like seeing balloons and blowing up balloons and playing with balloons. So very stupid if you want to move a child on to something else. So what do I say-"they are balloons" I hurriedly take them off her hands and tell her to wash them. She asks, "How do you blow them up?" Yet again stupid and unoriginal "you don't." So I change the subject which works like a charm.
Sorry if you are offended but hey life happens. And I know some of you will get a good laugh off this one. I sure do every time I think about it!

Kaiden the other day says to me "Mom you have a big bum. We (refering to Keagan and himself) have little bums."

19 comments:

M.S. said...

You are brave to post something like this on here. (I guess I post some funny things.) We have one story about Katherine.... but it doesn't have to deal with our stuff.... but a close person in our life.... yeah... good times!

Starnes fam said...

I think that is hilarious! Props to you for sharing it..you KNOW I would!

Anonymous said...

So great! And of course you have to share stuff like this! That's what blogs are for! Thanks for the fun weekend!

Lee Starnes said...

funny...life is sticky. Thanks for making me laugh. Love those crazy kids.

Raechal said...

hahahahahahaha!!! I'm totally laughing out loud at that right now!! Too funny!

Mandi Roth said...

Kids are soo cute. I love how their minds work. Good thing you can change the thoughts quickly!! :)

Armstrong Family said...

This just means we MUST visit that store in AF so you can stock back up. I was laughing hysterically! I'm so glad you shared! I would too!

Summer said...

My boys have worn them as anklets. I have taken them away many times.

Amy Brindley said...

This is why having kids is so worth it!

Andrea said...

That's hilarious! I'm glad you posted it, I love hearing things like this! Makes me laugh!

Lisa Christine said...

OK, I am so glad that you shared this because it is definately too funny not to share :)

About the violin....I think that 5 is about as young as you want to go. I started my neighbor on Cello a few years ago, right after her 4th birthday. She struggled for that first year due to the coordination that was involved. But as soon as she hit 5 it started to click.

My Alexandra has had a violin under her chin since birth (literally...we have pictures of her in her crib with little miniatures...so cute!). But she didn't start formal lessons until a few months after she turned 5. She is now 6 and doing great.

One of the advantages of starting in the 5-8 range is that they seem to soak it all up so easily. Their brains are in that mode where they just get everything. When I have older kids start lessons it always seems a bit harder for them (because holdling a violin and especially a bow can be awkward).

Let me know what you do! Sorry, but I don't have anyone to refer you to in Utah. The professors that I took from as a child started teaching at BYU about 2 years before I went there...which was wonderful because when I was accepted I already knew my teacher :) But unfortunately they {a husband and wife} aren't there anymore. Last I heard they were playing in a symphony in florida.
Good luck!

Logan and Kelsey said...

HAHAHAHA. I LOVE IT! Thanks for making my day with this story!

Bowman Family said...

Okay I have already read this once but had to share it with my mom and sisters. We all laughed again and loved the story. Oh the things that kids to and make life a lot more enjoyable.

The Clems said...

ha ha ha ha!! i am laughing so hard right now! you handled it well!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Haha! I'm am laughing so hard right now! THAT.WAS.AWESOME!!!

Unknown said...

That is AWESOME! I am glad you posted it!

The Sutton Family said...

*still giggling* Ohhhh Ashley. I have had the worst week. I've been so sick, and then Granty had a really bad migrage yesterday. I read this this morning and we laughed so hard. You made our day!!

Dad and Mom Pitcher said...

This really is too cute! Sounds remotely familiar, a long, long time ago and with our little family members, but not as funny. Only ours was with the top drawer of the tall lingerie cabinet, Roy or Tommy climbing up it and ending in it falling over and stitches. Little Pitchers have innocent and curious minds...

Aimee said...

This is one of my favorite stories! Thanks for sharing. I love your kids!
Aimee