Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Guitar Hero Addiction or just good fun???

Is it a sign of a problem when you are listening to the radio and a song comes on and your kids shout, even the two year olds, "Hey this is on Guitar Hero"??? Well we don't even have a game system or TV but when I am at my parents we LOVE (or just I LOVE) to play Guitar Hero. Makayla knows all the words to Slow Ride. It came on the radio the other day (yes I listen to Classic Rock) when it was over she asked to have that come on again. I am beginning to notice songs on the radio not for the songs own merit but because I have played it on Guitar Hero. When I was watching my aunt and uncles kids we were up till wee hours of the morning play Rock Band. I was supposed to be the roll model and example. I guess like one of my brothers friends said when he watched me play guitar hero "You are a cool Mom." Of course my sister in law can school just about anyone in Guitar Hero- she rocks. Staci could be a total Rock Legend! But I do love the game and spend too much time playing it and ignoring kids when I am at my parents. Is this an addiction that I should be seeing someone for???

6 comments:

Starnes fam said...

Ahhh yeah! You know that I've got the G. Hero skillz! haha! Actually..its been quite awhile and I need to polish up some! My boys are the EXACT same way with the songs that come on the radio. Parker sings IRON MAN in his sleep sometimes.

Anonymous said...

haha!! i think it's good fun. I hear it's a lot of fun, and sometimes that is all you need. Cute that your kids know the songs. hehe!

Raechal said...

we have Rock Band, and I'm so addicted too! now that we've had it for a little while I don't play it quite as much, but in the beginning it was practially sun up to sun down! (or way past sun down :)

Logan and Kelsey said...

Rock on Ash. Rock on.
\,,/ (It's the punk rock sign)

Tommy and Jamie said...

I too have a rock band/guitar hero addiction...we call it band practice at our house!!!! I can't help but to think of these games when the songs come on the radio or at work the muzak! I have a blood blister on my thumb from playing the drums the other night, so I need to find gloves to wear. I hope your dad is well, we've been thinking about him. I hope he enjoyed his book!

ronda wild said...

Hey Pitchers, we love the hair cut pictures of the boys. You have the cutest kids. Glad to see all is going well. Your back yard looks like a kids paradise.