Friday, May 2, 2008

Friend Up

When people are dating they are told to marry up or marry above them self. This makes you a better person because you are striving so hard to keep pace with that awesome person that you married. I know this first hand because I married Justin. However, I also friend up. I find people that are WAY better then me and con them into becoming friends with me. Sometimes it is family and they don't have a choice, sometimes I invite people over and have a great party, and others it is with my wit and humor. So this is a shout out to all those people that make me a better person by sacrificing and being friends with me. So to all my friends in the past, present, and future (I am sorry that I conned you) thanks for putting up with my self absorbed, selfish, obnoxious, judgemental, and opinionated behavior. I am trying to change and that is why I am friends with all of you!

But seriously you all are awesome and I am greatful for the many great examples that I have in my life!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If all friends were as horrible as you, the world would be a wonderful place! I can not thank you enough for welcoming us into the neighborhood. You're a wonderful friend and person and I'm so glad to be able to count you as my friend!

Nat

Melanie said...

Oh Ashley..you are so funny! It is fun having a friend like you! I am glad we moved into the neighborhood..I found some great women here!

Brittany and Clayton said...

Hey I didn't have much of a choice, I got stuck with you as my older sister/ second mom. If it would have been my choice, I probably wouldn't have picked a second mom, but then again, I would also probably have ended up in jail or something. So thank you for keeping me and my buddies in line through out my life and being an awesome older sister. By the way, you need to video tape the boys saying "rock a minute" cause its the best.
-Clayton

Ashley said...

Hey!!! I totally agree that it is important to find friends and people who will be examples and build you up. One of my favorite things about you is that you have opinions and you stick to them. You make those known and you are passionate, that is such a great way to be. There are so many people that never express their views and they don't get things done in life because they never speak up. I always knew that you and Justin would go places because of the great people that you are. I am just happy for you that your life is so awesome. I hope that you never change!!!

Bowman Family said...

I love being your friend and I always have. You have always been a blessing in my life. Thanks for being my friend.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Haha! You crack me up! I have definately "friended up" with you! I WANT TO BE ASHLEY PITCHER WHEN I GROW UP!!! :)

Jensen Family said...

That was so nice of you to write a blog post about me...it was also nice to include other people to make them feel better! You def. got lucky with me...too bad you live faraway and can't partake of my greatness on a daily basis...